The Pros and Cons of Airbrush Makeup

Over the last 16 years of doing makeup I've periodically been asked about airbrush makeup and what the benefits or disadvantages are. First, let me say that I don't offer the service on purpose. I have never found it to be a more effective way to apply or sustain a look, therefore it doesn't seem an ideal solution. Just my opinion! Additionally, it's a higher cost that I would have to charge you. But why?

Below, I have broken down my reasons for not choosing to offer it. I realize some people may love it, and that's ok, too! ;)

*Although it can look nice in photos or TV, it can also settle in fine lines, which is not flattering on the day of your wedding! Also, having a film background I can tell you that unless you have flawless skin, (which most of us don't, including me!)  it's going to be hard to get the full coverage you may need without it looking heavy. 

*Most airbrushing creates a matte look, but it's not ideal for those who want to look more natural, glowing, or dewey finish.

*Not ideal for oily skin, or humid climates, like Texas.  If you touch it or mess it up, you're screwed. Start over. :(

My JQ Makeup brand offers two different types of cosmetics. JQ's Natural and Organics line is naturally sourced, mostly organic, vegan, paraben free and never tested on animals. JQ's Every Woman line still uses high quality ingredients that are (mostly) paraben-free, fragrance free, and hypoallergenic, and NEVER tested on animals, BUT --  it's also more affordable. My goals is to give you options. From my many years of being a makeup artist and licensed esthetician I've learned that one brand or line doesn't always work for everyone. So I created my own solution - two lines, one brand. Many of my products from the every woman line are also oil free, and dermatologist tested. Plus, they still provide great results from a line you can trust. Questions?  You know where to find me! My products are located in our Austin store, Cotone, which is located in the Domain, across from Express, and next to Dick's Sporting Goods. You can also find my brand ONLINE, or in select salons across Texas. 

Comments

Popular Posts